Do your part to help stop the spread of influenza.
The flu is not always a harmless illness. It is a contagious viral infection that can cause serious health issues, including death, to those that are susceptible. Posing the greatest risk to very young children, seniors over the age of 65, and those with chronic medical conditions, the flu has the potential to affect even the healthy.
Pure Pharmacy is licensed to administer the flu shot.
The flu shot is an inactivated vaccine, containing killed virus, and is usually administered by a needle in the arm. Nasal sprays are now available as an alternative to the needle. Flu vaccines are constantly changing, and it is important to keep yourself protected by getting vaccinated every influenza season.
The flu shot is highly recommended (and often available for free) for:
- Seniors over the age of 65 and their caregivers
- Residents of nursing homes and other chronic care facilities
- Those suffering from chronic health conditions
- Children six months to five years of age
- Aboriginal peoples
- Pregnant women
- Healthcare providers
- Childcare givers
- Those who work extensively with the public
- People who are around live poultry
- The household contacts of anyone above
Watch for the Pure Pharmacy flu clinic on our website and advertised in-store – usually in September, October, November and December.